"A Woman Under the Influence" was released on November 18the 1974. It's an American drama film written and directed by John Cassavetes. The story focuses on a woman whose unusual behaviour leads her husband to commit her for psychiatric treatment. Main stars were Gena Rowlands and Peter Falk. John Cassavetes wrote "A Woman Under the Influence" when wife Gena Rowlands expressed a desire to appear in a play about the difficulties faced by contemporary women. The script was so emotional, Rowlands couldn't perform it eight times a week, so he decided to adapt it for the screen.
Mabel Longhetti (Gena Rowlands), a wife and mother, loves her construction worker husband Nick Longhetti (Peter Falk) and desperately wants to please him, but the strange mannerisms and increasingly odd behavior she displays while in the company of others has him concerned...
- Gena Rowlands as Mabel Longhetti
- Peter Falk as Nick Longhetti
- Fred Draper as George Mortensen
- Lady Rowlands as Martha Mortensen
- Katherine Cassavetes as Margaret Longhetti
- Matthew Laborteaux as Angelo Longhetti
- Matthew Cassel as Tony Longhetti
- Christina Grisanti as Maria Longhetti
|John Cassavetes and Gena Rowlands attending the 1975 Oscars|
|Peter Falk and Gena Rowlands|
- National Board of Review Award for Best Actress: Gena Rowlands (1974)
- Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture Actress – Drama: Gena Rowlands (1975)
- Kansas City Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actress: Gena Rowlands (1976)