On 17 September 1971 “Ouverture” premieres on ITV. It is the first episode of the new British ITC adventure series 'The Persuaders!' At the time it was the most ambitious and most expensive of Sir Lew Grade's international action adventure series. The series was filmed in France, Italy and England between May 1970 and June 1971. The series titles theme was composed by John Barry.
Despite its focus on the British and American markets, the series never gained popularity in the US. It was however immensely popular in the UK and Continental Europe, the series was broadcast in Argentina, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iran, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, The Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Venezuela and Yugoslavia.
|Tony Curtis & Laurence Naismith|
|Tony Curtis & Joan Collins in the episode "Five Miles to Midnight"|
|Annette Andre & Roger Moore with Aston Martin DBS in the episode "Powerswitch"|
- Tony Curtis as Danny Wilde
- Roger Moore as Lord Brett Sinclair
- Laurence Naismith as Judge Fulton
|The Cars: Ferrari Dino 246 GT & Aston Martin DBS|
- Bambi TV Series International for Roger Moore and Tony Curtis (Bambi Awards, Germany 1973)
- Logie Best Overseas Drama for the UK (Logie Awards, Australia 1972)
- TP de Oro for Mejor Serie Extranjera (Best Foreign Series) (TP de Oro, Spain 1973)
The Persuaders! Opening Credits