In 1962 the first Bollie en Billie (original French title: Boule et Bille) "60 gags van Bollie en Billie 1" (original title: "60 gags de Boule et Bill") is published by Dupuis. The comic was created in 1959 by the Belgian writer-artist Jean Roba in collaboration with Maurice Rosy.
The stories center on a typical family: a man and his wife, their young son Bollie and Billie the cocker spaniel. The main character Bollie is based on the son of Jean Roba and the dog Billie is based on his own cocker spaniel.
The main characters are:
- Bollie, a young boy, always dressed in a blue overalls and a yellow T-shirt.
- Billie the Cocker Spaniel of the family. He can communicate with other animals.
- Bollie's mother stays at home and complies with domestic tasks.
- Bollie's father tries to educate his son, however he fails most of the time.
- Caroline the green family turtle, living in the garden.
- Madame Stick, the neighbour and a colonel's widow. She is the owner of Corporal, a cat who is Billie's greatest enemy.
- Pim (Pouf), Bollie's best friend.
|Cover No 1 "60 gags van Bollie en Billie 1"|
No 1 "60 gags van Bollie en Billie 1"
- never published in English
- story and drawings by Jean Roba
- pre-publication in Spirou/Robbedoes
Main characters in this album: Bollie (Boule), Billie (Bill), Bollie's father, Pim (Pouf), Billie's mother, Mister Langelaar, Bollie's teacher, the butcher and Hazelientje.
|Bollie (Boule), Billie (Bill) and father|
|Billie (Bill), butcher, Bollie (Boule) and Pim (Pouf)|
|Mister Langelaar and father|
|Bollie (Boule), teacher, father and Billie (Bill)|
|Mother, Billie (Bill) and Bollie (Boule)|
|Bollie (Boule), Pim (Pouf) and Billie (Bill)|
|Pim (Pouf), Bollie (Boule), Hazelientje, Billie (Bill) and father|
- Peugeot D3/D4 Van
- Renault Dauphine
- Ford Taunus 17M (P3)
- Citroën 2CV
- unidentified car
- Peugeot 404
|Peugeot D3/D4 Van|
|Ford Taunus 17M (P3)|